The Clean, Oil and Adjust (C.O.A.) is intended to keep your flute or piccolo playing at its peak and to extend the time between overhauls. A good rule of thumb is to have a C.O.A. done once a year. At Powell, the price of a C.O.A. is $300.00 for flutes and $225.00 for piccolos; it includes up to three hours of repair time and is warranted for 30 days. Expect to be without your instrument for two weeks while it is being cleaned, oiled and adjusted.
1. The instrument is play tested
2. All pinned sections are taken apart and cleaned
3. All keys are cleaned out and oiled
4. Tarnishield is hand applied to the flute body to remove as much dirt and tarnish as possible without buffing.
5. The keys are reassembled and the instrument is regulated. Minor pad shimming is done if necessary.
6. The headjoint cork is checked and replaced if necessary.
7. The instrument is play tested.
Exclusions: A C.O.A. is much more limited than an overhaul. Complete repadding is not included. Lost key motion is covered, but key side play is not. Removal of dents (if requested) is extra and charged at the rate of $85.00 per hour, (minimum charge $45.00). Pad replacement during a C.O.A. is limited to three pads at an extra hourly charge plus the cost of the pads.
|Footjoints during C.O.A. process|
|Footjoints after keys have been cleaned|